is it normal to have no sex drive at all after miscarrying?

I want to try again, and have followed all instructions for waiting the appropriate amount of time based on what my doctor has said.. but I have lost all desire to even try. Is this a completely normal reaction?

linss8020,

I am so sorry for your loss. What you are experiencing is completely normal for women after a miscarriage.
    I think the first step is talking about your feelings with other women and your partner.
    Getting it off your chest alone will make you feel better.
    Also, ease into it. There is no rush - you have gone through something traumatic and it is going to take some time to get your mojo back but trust me IT WILL COME.
    My last piece of advice is go out on a date with your hubby. Dress up, put some perfume on and just do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel sexy and maybe it'll set the mood. Focus on yourself and love for your husband, you might be surprised where the night will take you
    And if that doesn't work ITS OK! Everything will happen when the time is right
    Just keep hanging in there. "

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymumof5 View Post
    linss8020,

I am so sorry for your loss. What you are experiencing is completely normal for women after a miscarriage.
    I think the first step is talking about your feelings with other women and your partner.
    Getting it off your chest alone will make you feel better.
    Also, ease into it. There is no rush - you have gone through something traumatic and it is going to take some time to get your mojo back but trust me IT WILL COME.
    My last piece of advice is go out on a date with your hubby. Dress up, put some perfume on and just do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel sexy and maybe it'll set the mood. Focus on yourself and love for your husband, you might be surprised where the night will take you
    And if that doesn't work ITS OK! Everything will happen when the time is right
    Just keep hanging in there. "
    I took your advice, let loose for the weekend, took some time for myself and had a nice night out with my hubby, and although it didn't give me a full "back to normal" feeling, I definitely do feel like by simply going through the motions and trying not to dwell on things, I'm getting closer to at least feeling sort of like myself again. Thanks so much for your time & advice sunnymumof5

linss8020,

Wonderful to hear that you did spend some time alone with your husband. How exciting that you are getting closer to feeling like your self again.
    Baby steps, it will happen.
    Keep up the amazing work mama.

Blessings

Hello,linss8020
    I am sorry for your loss. What you are experiencing is completely normal for women after a miscarriage. I am glad that you spend time alone with your husband. It was very wise, I think you both needed it. I hope everything will be okay soon. Just don't upset, move forward. You will become a mother, I'm sure.