Hybrid View

Moringa for milk production

Just wondering if anyone has experience using Moringa to increase milk supply and how effective and safe it is?

Susannah,

Great question, I have never heard of Moringa and did a little bit of research on the herb. Here is what I found.....

Moringa (Moringa oleifera) leaves contain vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids as well as a number of glycosides. It is used as a galactogogue in Asia, particularly in the Philippines where it is called malunggay. Two small studies from the Philippines indicate that it might have some activity as a galactogogue in mothers of preterm infants.

Moringa has been clinically proven to increase the production of breast milk whether it is consumed before or after the birth of a baby.Mothers who took Moringa were shown to produce more than 2x the amount of breast milk than those who didn't.We all know instinctively that breast milk is the ultimate food prescribed by nature for the infant child and Moringa can be instrumental in helping mothers produce more of this precious food.

According to a quick google search, this herb looks like it does help in increasing a mums milk supply.
    I am very interested in how you heard about this herb and if you have ever tried it.

Please do check back in and let us know how it has worked for you.
    blessings