Hybrid View

New mom, desperately wants to lose weight, post pregnancy

Its been a month since I gave birth.I had been very active during the pregnancy and have done gentle exercises, yoga.

1. Please advice me if I should start exercising now?
    2. Would it be too early or is it the right time to begin?
    3. Please also suggest the type of exercise regimen I should follow?

SAHM,

I do believe that most midwives and doctors suggest that you can start exercising by 6 weeks post postpartum. I would check in with your care provider to make sure that you are in the clear first.
    I would like to suggest yoga.....Yoga has helped me so much with so many issues. Going to yoga class gave me so much energy and calmness and peace and strength and well being. I also felt amazing afterwards. I did lose weight when i started going 4 to 5 times a week. However my body tends to start losing baby fat around the 9th month postpartum.
    Give your self time and love your body for what you body grew and nourished for 9 months.
    Remember adequate water intake daily and self love.
    Blessings

Thanks so much for your response.

Sunnymumof5

Thanks for your suggestion.I have always been comfortable doing yoga.

Long way to go....

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymumof5 View Post
    SAHM,

I do believe that most midwives and doctors suggest that you can start exercising by 6 weeks post postpartum. I would check in with your care provider to make sure that you are in the clear first.
    I would like to suggest yoga.....Yoga has helped me so much with so many issues. Going to yoga class gave me so much energy and calmness and peace and strength and well being. I also felt amazing afterwards. I did lose weight when i started going 4 to 5 times a week. However my body tends to start losing baby fat around the 9th month postpartum.
    Give your self time and love your body for what you body grew and nourished for 9 months.
    Remember adequate water intake daily and self love.
    Blessings