Hello,

I am a first year midwifery student at ACU in Melbourne and have a background in herbal medicine and nutrition consultation. I am passionate about supporting women through pregnancy and birth so they may reflect on the experience with pride and a sense of achievement. Additionally, I am enrolled in The International College of Spiritual Midwifery, have attended calm birth classes and am a mother to one 7 year old boy.

As part of my degree I am asked to provide a Continuity of Care experience by following a woman's journey through pregnancy, birth and the post natal period. My role is to be 'with woman', this is a caring and sharing relationship that is based on a women's personal birth choices. I can work with all birth models and as a student I am supported by a Registered Midwife employed by the University. Ideally I would attend 2 antenatal appointments and would be very pleased to attend the birth if invited to do so. I would also maintain contact for 4-6 weeks after birth if invited to do so.

The Continuity of care experience is a beautiful program for building relationships and sharing knowledge and has been shown in studies to enhance outcomes in labour and birth. The program is free and a woman can withdraw at any time without question.

I look forward to hearing from you and providing further information.
Nin.