Thread: Memory Loss

Question Memory Loss

Good Day.

I have two kids and both are C-section. After I gave birth to my second child, I'm having some memory loss. Is this normal? Should I take vitamins or should I see a doctor?

Mummy brain fog is a very common occurrence during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
    Many mummy's experience this issue.

If youíre suffering with a case of the mummy brain, there are things you can do to try and make it more manageable. Firstly, you need to admit you have mummy brain. I know, I know, you donít want to, but as soon as you admit it, you can start putting things in place to prevent it. Start writing everything down. Appointments and other important dates should go straight in your diary, and get into the habit of checking it regularly to make sure you havenít forgotten anything. Thereís no shame in to do lists, so start keeping one. You can use your phone as your diary and to do list, although be warned this will be problematic when you lose your phone!
    Omega 3 has been know to be a great vitamin to aid in brain function. Check with your local midwife or practitioner for correct dosages.

Just know that you are not alone in mummy brain fog, many other mums out their have experienced this. As baby grows older and sleep finds its way back into your life the mummy brain fog will reside and life will start to settle for you.
    In the mean time drinks lots of water and try to get adequate sleep at night and possibly a nap during the day to re energizer yourself. Yoga and meditation help with balancing your mind as well.
    Wish you the best of luck.