additional food start

My baby is approaching 6 months and it's high time to start giving him additional food. Considering how allergic children are at present, what products would you recommend me to start with?

The best way to determine when your child is ready for solids is by taking their cues. Are they showing signs of readiness? One of my babies wasn't ready for solids until she was 12 months old, three of them weren't ready until they were 8 months old, and one shows signs of readiness a little earlier.

Here's a really good thread on Baby Led Weaning. And I'll post a video below, showing a progression of 120 days of Baby Led Weaning, starting at 6 months of age, when they are just learning the mouth feel of solids. This baby will still get at least 95% of his nutrition from breastmilk. What I found most interesting is that you could really see him starting to eat and swallow at 8 months of age, whereas before that, he was just "playing" with the food, tasting the new tastes and textures and learning how to move the food from the front of his mouth to the back. The Baby Led Weaning motto is "Food is for fun, until they are one."

What's inter

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.