Mouse poo contact during pregnancy

Hi, sorry to gross you out, just curious if contact with mouse poo can be dangerous during pregnancy?
    I am 18 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of days have been feeding my dog her usual dry food, but noticed today there was mouse poo in it. I had been digging around in the bag to feed her and am now worried about LCMV (which, according to some internet sites, can be inhaled through mixing up mouse faeces/urine) and if I may have picked it up at all. Can anyone provide anymore information on this??
    Thanks (worried mummy)

Dear Mummy,

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your concern.

LCMV can be contracted from wild mice and, therefore, it is recommended that pregnant women avoid contact with mice. LCMV can be contracted from the urine of mice. If you washed your hands well after touching the dog food (which may have been contaminated) then this makes it very unlikely that you would have picked up LCMV. Also, I note that you have not mentioned any symptoms of LCMV (nausea, vomiting, fever, muscle aches etc); again making it unlikely that you have contracted this.

If you are still concerned about this then you could ask your midwife or doctor for a blood test to check that you do not have LCMV. Please know that it is very rare to get LCMV in most countries.

It is recommended that you ask a professional pest control company to remove all remaining mice from your house as soon as possible because you are pregnant.

Warm wishes,
    LJ