Hybrid View

Unhappy Why don't I have the mood for love making?

Four months after giving birth to my son, I still don't have the mood for romance and my partner is beginning to take it personally. We tried a couple of times but we were not successful. He's starting to think that I am just making up excuses. I feel dry below and I am really not in the mood and it's really painful when we tried. What's wrong with me?

kimdamycin,

You are not alone in these feelings, I am so grateful that you are reaching out to other mothers about this issue.
    Having a baby can put mom through alot of stress and the changing hormones just changes things in our vulvas.
    If you are feeling dry, I highly suggest using organic unrefined coconut oil as a lubricant before and during intercourse. Also as a women, foreplay is a must especially after having a baby an even in general. Spending lots of quality time building up your libido as well as using a safe lubricant will work wonders in that department.
    I like to suggest that mom and dad have a date night, even if that means a candle light dinner once baby is asleep, enjoy each other and talk. A nice massage using coconut oil to help mom relax, and spend as much time as mom needs in foreplay. Then as mom feels comfortable the couple can move forward.
    Please do let us know if you have any further questions.
    This subject is very dear to my heart and I love to help other mothers through this time of having a newborn and returning to a healthy sex life after baby.

blessings

Dear sunnymumof5,

Thank you for your reply. We tried your suggestion and I think we're getting there. It's still quite painful though.

Regards,
    Kimdamycin