Thread: Stretch marks

Stretch marks

Hi, l am in need of some advice, l have really big red stretch marks from being pregnant and they are really getting me down. Can you mums please recommend a moisturiser or cream that could help reduce them. Thanks.

Dear Rainy33,

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry that your stretch marks are getting you down.

Are you pregnant now or, if not, how long ago were you pregnant?

An oil rubbed into the stretch marks twice a day (including after a shower or bath) can help to soften and reduce the stretch marks. Almond oil and coconut oil are particularly good for this. Most stretch marks do fade with time; they lighten and reduce in appearance and many will fade altogether.

Remember that your body has changed in amazing ways to grow your baby - some women find that viewing stretch marks as a sign of this wonderful change helps them to feel positively about them.

I hope this helps you.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you so much for your advice. l appreciate it very much. Thank you. Rainy 33

You are very welcome.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

:-) feeling better about myself.

I'm so pleased to hear this. Post-pregnancy bodies are not the same as pre-pregnancy bodies but they are beautiful and worthy in their own right.

LJ