How to make time for the couple?

I am really in need of advise here. Bub sleeps in our bed instead of a cot, he sometimes sleeps in the baby carrier and we practice gentle parenting. We love the effects these have provided on him and want to continue to do so. He rarely is by himself and this is causing a bit of strain on our marriage. We want to have alone time but don't really have anyone who can take care of him for us to go out to dinner or to the cinema.

How can we make more time for ourselves or enjoy more the time we have without having him feel like we are abandoning him?

Thanks in advance!

dsmum,

I think its awesome that you are practicing gentle parenting and that you co-sleep. Those are the best choices any parent can make when raising a child.
    I truly believe in alone time for mom and dad, getting time alone can be challenging. However with a little imagination it can be done.
    I would start of with a close relative or friend, one that understands your parenting style and that respects your choices.
    I would also go to the extent of inviting that person over and allow them to spend quality time with your family, so they can see how you interact with you child.
    I would also plan an outing maybe during the day time for a shorter lunch date or maybe even a walk in the park with your spouse. Gradually working up to longer times away. At that point after a few times out, your child will become accustomed to the sitter and the transition to getting out will become easier for you and your child.
    Plan out your dates and mark them in the calendar....soon you will be enjoying alone time with your spouse.
    It will be worth every minute.
    Enjoy

Thank you sunnymomof5 for your beautiful and encouraging words. I think that planning it out is exactly what we need! I love your ideas of having the person we choose spend time with our family. My sister in law is the closest person and the only one I trust in a situation like this. Although our friends and other close family do not usually get involved in our parenting choices, I wouldn't think they would be the best people for the job.

I will definitely speak with my husband about this so that we can make it happen. Thanks again!

Im so happy you are trying to get alone time with your husband, it really helps out so much.
    Have fun!