Milk for Pregnant Woman

Dear Mums,

My sister-in-law is 3 months pregnant now. She got problem with taking the milk prescribed for her by her doctor because she doesn't like the taste and she would gladly like to throw it up every time she took it early in the morning and before going to bed.

She is asking what is the best way to solve her problem in order to have a healthy pregnancy. She is afraid it might affect her baby inside the womb.

Hope to hear from all of you out there,

KindMum4Kids

Hi,

Milk is not usually prescribed for pregnant women - I am wondering if there was a specific reason for this? Unless she is unable to get enough Calcium elsewhere in her diet? It is important for pregnant women to have enough Calcium in their diet; 3 portions of Calcium each day. One portion of Calcium is contained in: 150g pot of yoghurt, a small chunk of hard cheese, one glass of fortified orange juice or one cup of cooked spinach. Nuts such as almonds or brazil nuts are also excellent sources of Calcium.

Calcium is particularly important for the baby's developing bones and teeth. If your sister-in-law is able to get enough Calcium in her diet from the sources mentioned above then she does not need to drink any additional milk above this (unless there is a particular medical reason in her case).

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Dear LJ,

Thanks for the response. I will tell my sister-in-law about this.

God Bless,

KindMum4Kids

You are very welcome. Please post back here if we can support your sister-in-law further with this.

Best wishes,
    LJ