Hybrid View

Anxious for twins

I'm not yet pregnant but my dad has a twin and my husband has distant relatives who are twins so we often get teased that we will have twins. According to my dad, in our family, the twin births happen after every other generation so it will be our turn to bear twins.

I like the idea of having 2 kids right away so they automatically have playmates but I have some qualms about the whole ordeal. They said that it will be more expensive to have twins compared to single-child births.

Can you give me an idea how to save money despite having twins so none of them and their welfare will be sacrificed?

Looking forward to your responses!

Anxious for twins.......I do not have twins myself, however I do have 5 children. The most important things you can provide your children is to breastfeed and allow your children to self wean. You will save so much money and time and effort if you breastfeed.
    Your children will have less allergies and general sickness.
    They will be much healthier with breastmilk.

Good Luck with your twins
    Blessings

Anxious for twins

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymumof5 View Post
    Anxious for twins.......I do not have twins myself, however I do have 5 children. The most important things you can provide your children is to breastfeed and allow your children to self wean. You will save so much money and time and effort if you breastfeed.
    Your children will have less allergies and general sickness.
    They will be much healthier with breastmilk.

Good Luck with your twins
    Blessings
    Thanks for the advice sunnymumof5! I guess the answer really is going natural.

Hi, I am a mother of 7 year old Twins, they are girls and a blessing. The saying twins happen every other generation is not true, lol, my mother had a set of twins, they are younger then me, but I then had a set of twins. lol. It was a shock because I was always told the say thing. So don't depend on that. Now I think I remember my midwife saying that It is more like for an individual to have a set of twin or multiples if it runs on the mother side, now like I said my twins are now 7 years old so I may be wrong.

Having twin in my option is easier then have a single child. After my twins I had a little boy, I prayed that I would have twin boy the second time around but It just didn't happen. It was rough the first month on me after giving birth, they where my first and I tried to do everything myself with out asking for any help, but after I got them on a schedule and all it was a breeze. I can't give you any ideas on saving money but I can say that you don't have to have two of everything there are a few thing that having two will be helpful.

Hope this will give you some thought on having twins. They are a blessing!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences on your twin girls djroyals908 - I'm sure that this will be encouraging and helpful for many of our forum members.

Yes my understanding is also that it is the maternal family history of twins which increase the likelihood of having twins.

Warm wishes to you and your family,
    LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Thank you for sharing your experiences on your twin girls djroyals908 - I'm sure that this will be encouraging and helpful for many of our forum members.

Yes my understanding is also that it is the maternal family history of twins which increase the likelihood of having twins.

Warm wishes to you and your family,
    LJ
    I hope it helps give some insight on having twins.
    Thanks