Breastfeeding and Allergies

When I finally have a child, I would like to breastfeed because I hear that it creates an intimate bond between mum and baby. I myself was bottle fed as my mum had difficulties breastfeeding, which she discovered with my oldest sister. I have also heard, however, that while breastfeeding can be a beautiful experience to share with you newborn, there are also higher risks for allergies. Is there some truth to this, or is it simply a myth?
    Thanks in advance,
    Natalie

NatMari,

Breastfeeding is the most perfect gift you can give your baby.
    The bond that is created with breastfeeding is an amazing connection that will last a lifetime.
    Im so excited that you are thinking ahead and want to offer your baby the most wonderful gift of all...BREASTMILK.

Breastmilk actually helps lower allergy risks, check out this article on allergies and breastfeeding.http://www.lalecheleague.org/nb/nbjulaug98p100.html

I hope that you can now see that breastfeeding helps to LOWER the risk of allergies.

Happy Breastfeeding

Hi sunnymumof5,
    Thanks so much for clarifying this for me and providing me with this article. I didn't realize mothers milk actually PROTECTED their newborns from allergies.
    Thanks again, now I am sure that I will opt into breastfeeding
    NatMari

NatMari,

Yeah for breastfeeding....So very excited for you choice to breastfeed. Please do check back here when the time is right for you.

Blessings

It's great to read this discussion! There's nothing like breastmilk in so many ways - nothing else comes close for nutrition, comfort, protection (even from cancer) and bonding.

LJ

Sunnymumof5, I definitely will! Ljmarasden, I am looking forward to giving it a try, and from what I have been reading it seems like you really can't beat the benefits of breastmilk, which is great because I try to live as naturally and purely as possible.
    Thanks for the great info and support!