Thread: Pregnancy

Pregnancy

Hi! As a pregnant woman, I find it hard to do my usual daily routine because I am afraid that I might do something that can affect my baby. Can you help me determine the various kinds of works that can bring me and my baby in danger?Please help me.

Dear crizen,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Could you explain a little more about what activities you are worried about.

In terms of exercise, you can exercise at a level that you were doing pre-pregnancy (obviously avoiding any contact sports). Avoid laying on your back from the second trimester onwards as this can make you feel light-headed and restrict the blood flow to the baby.

It is good to be active in your pregnancy as this will help you to have a quicker, smoother labour. It will also reduce your chances of suffering from discomfort in pregnancy. How many weeks pregnant are you now?

You can work on a computer but it is advisable to not have the computer on your lap and to have a good posture and a comfortable seat.

Laying on your left side at night time is best to get the baby into a good position for the birth.

It is safe to have sex in pregnancy unless your midwife has advised otherwise due to special circumstances.

Don't lift anything too heavy. Avoid drinking and smoking and chemicals. Due to the risk of toxoplasmosis, you should avoid changing cat litter if possible and not touch stray cats. In terms of what to eat in pregnancy have a look at this article: Safe Eating and Drinking in Pregnancy.

Please do post back with any further questions you have which I have not covered above.

Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi. Thank you so mcuh. Now I know the answer to my question.:-)

You are very welcome. I hope you can now relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

With best wishes,
    LJ

Yes I also hope for it:-)