Should I be Worried?

Hello,

I am 2 months pregnant now. Unknowingly I have eaten half-boiled egg for two days <1 half-boiled egg per day>. My cousin advised me not to have raw/half-boiled eggs during pregnancy as it contains salmonella bacteria. I am worried now. Could you please provide me a remedy for this.Will it affect the fetus. My 1st issue of pregnancy was aborted @2 months as there was bleeding and in the US scan there was no baby development. This time i am really concerned about this.

Also I have allergy as i sneeze alot about 10 a time @early mornings and some times through out the day and i am not under any medicines now. Then there will be a lot of mucous formation in throat as i remove it by spitting.

Please advise me the precautions to be taken for not having bleeding during pregnancy and for proper baby development.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Sweety

Dear Sweety,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am very sorry to hear that your first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage - you have my deepest sympathies.

The recommendation is for pregnant women to fully cook eggs so that both the white and yoke are hard in the case of boiled eggs (i.e.. you would boil a medium sized egg for around 7 minutes minimum). However, please do not despair. The risk with undercooked eggs is from salmonella but this is really a risk to the pregnant woman rather than the baby. Any salmonella poisoning would be unlikely to affect your baby. However, it could make you feel quite ill with diarrhoea and vomiting as well as a fever and a headache.

I know from personal experience that after you have experienced a miscarriage it is difficult not to worry in the next pregnancy. However, most women who have a miscarriage go on to have a healthy pregnancy the next time around. Most miscarriages would unfortunately have always happened and there was nothing you could or could not have done to change this.

Sneezing cannot do your baby any harm even if it is quite frequent like you describe.

Please feel free to post back with any further questions you have.
    Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi Sweety,

I am just wondering how you are?

Warm wishes,
    LJ