Rotavirus Vaccination

On our monthly visit to my daughter's paediatrician, I was asked if I am willing to have my 2-month old baby to have a Rotavirus Vaccine. I did some research and read that Rotavirus is one of the leading cause of severe diarrhea which may be fatal to infants. I decided to have my daughter be vaccinated because as a mother, I don't want to risk the health of my child. This vaccine is not administered via injection. It is given orally at least 8 drops. Is this vaccine necessary to be given at this age? This is my first time to hear about this kind of vaccine. Has anyone of you had this vaccination for their kids?

Here is an excellent article from the National Vaccine Information center on the rotavirus vaccine.

There are also a couple of good threads on the forum that you should read through because you'll likely be having to make more decisions about vaccines. I posted in both of these threads about my own experience in choosing which vaccines to give and when to give them.

How to make an informed decision on vaccination

When should you vaccinate your child?

Please post back and let us know if you found any of these resources helpful.

Warm regards,

Kate

Thank you 5Homebirths4Kate. I will be reading on these articles you sent about vaccinations. I will let you know if these are helpful for me. Thank you!