Hybrid View

Father away from a son

Hello!

I am a mum of a 2 year old son and his father is working miles apart from us. My son knows his dad by face but they seldom talk due to working hours and some inevitable circumstances and my husband is thinking that our son is starting not to talk him anymore. This has been our ongoing issue for I for myself do everything that our son wouldn't forget everything about his dad. Is there any way or better approach that I can do to explain to my husband that he still exists?

kheam,

I am so glad that you asked this question.
    I am going through something very similar with my children as their father has been working out of the country for 6 months now. I have 3 boys who miss their father dearly.
    Their father also mentioned that he cant understand why the boys do not want to talk to him when he skypes with us.
    It is so very frustrating trying to explain to both the boys and my husband how I see things panning out.
    They know their father cares and loves them, however I do feel that they need to see him soon. Boys especially tend to desire a father figure in their lives and thrive with that male attention.

Is their a way to plan a visit with your sons father soon?
    Or could a close family member step in and take your son for fun outings or come spend time with him in your home?

I wish I had a clear cut answer, each of our situations is so very different and unique.
    Please do know that you are NOT alone in this situation.
    Our boys are very dear to us mother's.

Peace and Love

Hello sunnymumof5,

Thank you for sharing your situation.

As of the moment, I am uncertain when the three of us could meet physically. We are experiencing financial constraints that hinders us to do so.

On the light side, my dad and my brother and our close relatives are there to fill in the father figure for my son. It's just that, my husband is thinking negative on it. He seemed that his son loses interest on him and that our little boy's love is fading away. I am caught in between and saddened that I don't to take side as I love them both.

Thanks for sharing the same sentiments.

Best regards,
    Kheam

Kheam,

Our situations sound very much alike.
    My husband also feels that our boys are losing interest in him as well.
    (((((hugs))))))
    I can sympathize with feeling in between the two of them.
    I am happy to hear that you have family willing to support you in raising your son.

I'm always here if you want to chat some more.

Blessings