Hybrid View

Exercise after giving birth

Hello!

I gave birth via Caesarean operation and had gained much weight after breastfeeding. Is it safe to do some exercise when at times I feel pain even though my son is 2 years old now?

Dear Kheam,

The recommendation is that the first 6-8 weeks following a c-section are important for healing. A c-section is a major operation. However, after this time a woman can gradually build up her exercise regime. You could start with brisk walking and aim to join an exercise class in a couple of months.

Two years postpartum is a long time to still be feeling pain. Where exactly is this pain and what does it feel like? I would advise that you see your doctor because you should have been able to exercise comfortably for well over a year.

Generally, breastfeeding mums find that they lose weight quicker than mums who do not breastfeed. However, you do need to exercise each day and eat a healthy, balanced diet for this to take place.

Please do see your doctor about the pain you are experiencing. Take it slowly and make gradual changes to your diet and daily exercise regime and you will get there.

With warm wishes,
    LJ

Hello LJ,

Thanks for these.

Yes, I know that tow years is long enough however, at times that I get involved physically I could feel some pain on the area where I was operated.

I would agree that I need to see my doctor on this.

Best regards,
    Kheam

It's strange that you feel pain after 2 years. I think you should ask a doc for help. I advise you to go yoga class. It is an excellent choice! Yoga will help you lose weight and it is perfect for your inner world. Good luck!

Hello Numb,

Yes, even me for one find it strange however, I could feel some pain. Yes, you are correct that I need to see a doctor regarding this.

Best regards,
    Kheam

I hope it goes well with your doctor Kheam.

Best wishes,
    LJ