spotting in the first weeks

I've experienced blood spotting during the first 4 weeks of pregnancy.
    What was the cause for the spotting?

Hi eresc,

Thank you for your question.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! - I didn't realise from your other post that you were pregnant.

At around 3-4 weeks of pregnancy, implantation bleeding is common. This is caused by the fertilised egg implanting itself in the uterus lining and dislodging some of this lining which results in some spotting. The bleeding is different to a period or a miscarriage because it is lighter and only lasts 1-3 days and will not increase in intensity.

It typically occurs 10-14 days after the fertilisation of the egg; this is around the time your period is due (and so some women wrongly interpret implantation bleeding as their period and think they are not pregnant).

It is also possible to experience spotting in the first trimester not caused by the implantation itself.

However, note that any bright red blood flow is not considered normal and should be checked with your midwife or doctor.

I hope this helps.
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you very much for your clear explanation. Actually I think it is related to the hypothyroidism problem, because I had spotting every month and maybe I just have to take the proper Eutirox dose.
    Thank you very much,
    Best regards,
    Elisabetta

Thanks for your reply Elisabetta. I see - you had the spotting throughout your pregnancy.

Warm wishes,
    LJ