Hybrid View

Pregnancy at age 43?

Hi i am a mother of 2, and still want to conceive my last, i have 2 blighted ovum year 2011 and 2013. Can i still be pregnant?

Dear pinkette,

Thank you for your question. I'm really sorry to hear that you have had two blighted ovums. That must have been so difficult for you.

At age 43 the figures show you have around a 15% chance of conceiving in a year of trying. Unfortunately a woman's fertility levels do start to decrease significantly from age 35. However, it is still possible. It is recommended that, at this age, if you have been trying for 6 months already then you see your doctor as you may need some assistance to conceive and want to go down this route. Unfortunately after age 40 you cannot try all of the assisted conception options; but there are still some available. However, women do successfully conceive at this age (many with assistance).

My advice would be to eat a healthy balanced diet, rich in Zinc and Calcium. Drink plenty of water and exercise well. Also speak to your doctor about being referred for extra help with your fertility.

Wishing you all the very best with your family,
    LJ

hi ljmarsden,

It touches my heart when someone answers my question. It makes me feel that there is still chance for me. Thank you for your answer it really helped a lot.

Wishes.

You are most welcome pinkette.

Wishing you all the very best,
    LJ