Dealing with miscarriage and full time work schedule

Have you ever suffered through a miscarriage? If so, how did you deal with it at work? What kind of etiquette is expected in this situation? Any advice will help!

linss8020,

I have experienced a miscarriage before while working full time. I remember the doctor told me to take a few days off. It was hard going back to work and facing co-workers. Not knowing what to say, and not knowing who knew what.
    Most people are very sensitive and will respect your quietness and need for space.
    If you need some time alone keep in contact with your supervisor so he or she can respect your needs and wishes.
    It may be a good idea to contact your supervisor and give them a heads up as to whats going on. That way you will be supported in what ever way you feel that you need.
    I do feel that your work will respect your needs.
    Cyber hugs to you.
    Get lots of rest and keep your body hydrated.

Blessings

Thanks for your advice. I'm also sorry for your loss. I did inform my three direct supervisors and asked that it stay within the three of them and, being women themselves, they were very understanding and I definitely felt a lot better after talking it over and getting it out in the open.. I don't have to feel guilty about missing work, being less energetic at work, etc.. Thank you =) =)

That is great to hear that you were able to talk to them about your loss.
    Never feel guilty about your needs and wants.
    Everything will work its self out.

Blessings

Just wondering how you are linss8020? A miscarriage can take months or, in some cases, years to deal with. Don't ever be afraid to keep asking for help or support or simply the comfort from friends and family.

Thinking of you,
    LJ