Hybrid View

When is my fertile day?

I am 43 years old trying to conceive for a 3rd child. I have 28 days cycle. When is the best time to get pregnant? Are there things that i need to do after sex in order for me to get pregnant right away? Is standing up to pee after sex can give me lesser chance to conceive? Thank you.

Dear pinkette,

Thank you for your question.

Please read this detailed post about the signs of fertility. Most women ovulate 14 days before their next cycle begins i.e. on day 14 for you. Sperm can survive for around 3 days and the egg for around 24 hours after ovulation so your fertile period is likely to be from days 11-15. I would recommend having sex on each of these days.

Have you also tried using an ovulation predictor kit?

Did you know you can look out for natural signs of your fertile period? This is explained in the link above. In particular:

'The day before and the day of ovulation, your cervical mucus will be clear and wet and it will have the consistency of egg white. You will be able to pick it up and stretch it between your thumb and fore finger and it may not break even if you stretch it 6 inches. This is when you are at your peak of fertility and sex at this time gives you the best chance of conception.'

After sex, try staying laying down for around 10 minutes and relax as much as you can. Some women find that raising their bottom slightly with a pillow under it has helped.

I would recommend starting some preconception care now. As you know, it is unfortunately more difficult to conceive when you are aged 35 years and older and again more difficult when you are 40 or over. However, it is possible for some women so please keep hope.

With warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi ljmarsden,

Thank you! such an inspiring word from you that i learned so much to all the things you wrote and gave me hope that i still have a chance to conceive. I will follow all what you said and never stop trying.

Blessings.

You are most welcome pinkette.

Wishing you all the very best and please do post back with any further questions you may have.

Warm wishes,
    LJ