Hybrid View

Smile Best baby finger foods

Hello everyone!

Being a new mum, I'd like to know what finger foods should I give to my 7 month old bub? She's not a picky eater, and I really want to give her only the most nutritious food around. Any ideas?

Your suggestions will be really appreciated.

haleysmom,

I think its awesome your giving your baby finger foods. I see that your breastfeeding your baby, most breastfed babies tend to start trying finger foods later than bottle fed babies. I found that my breastfed babies started picking up finger foods around 9 months of age. If your daughter is showing interest then by all means do offer her finger foods. If she is not...then dont worry...continue to nurse on demand and maybe wait a few more months.

Here is a general list of great finger foods for little ones:

California avocados, mashed potatoes, peaches, barley cereal, carrots, squash, teething biscuits, pear and apple juice/.
    Avocado would be ideal, you could easily chop it into little bite-sized pieces to make a finger food. In another month, she can move to the next section of the list (lamb, veal, tofu, poultry, noodles, bagel, beans, rice cakes, peas, egg yolk, yams, cheese, oatmeal and yogurt) and there are a lot of finger foods available.

This list is the best to start out with....have fun with it and relax...she will eat more and more the older she gets.

Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymumof5 View Post
    haleysmom,

I think its awesome your giving your baby finger foods. I see that your breastfeeding your baby, most breastfed babies tend to start trying finger foods later than bottle fed babies. I found that my breastfed babies started picking up finger foods around 9 months of age. If your daughter is showing interest then by all means do offer her finger foods. If she is not...then dont worry...continue to nurse on demand and maybe wait a few more months.

Here is a general list of great finger foods for little ones:

California avocados, mashed potatoes, peaches, barley cereal, carrots, squash, teething biscuits, pear and apple juice/.
    Avocado would be ideal, you could easily chop it into little bite-sized pieces to make a finger food. In another month, she can move to the next section of the list (lamb, veal, tofu, poultry, noodles, bagel, beans, rice cakes, peas, egg yolk, yams, cheese, oatmeal and yogurt) and there are a lot of finger foods available.

This list is the best to start out with....have fun with it and relax...she will eat more and more the older she gets.

Blessings
    Gee thanks! I didn't know avocados will make good finger foods! Will give that to bub. Thank you very much!

Yes avocados are amazing...let us know how she likes them.

blessings

my suggestion is that banana slice, avocados sliced, cooked peas, small, peeled peach chunks are the best finger foods for babies.