Exclamation Excessive hair fall post pregnancy

Hello mums!

Anyone here experiencing the same? When I was pregnant with Haley, my hair is sort of thick but when I gave birth, it starts falling off real bad. How can I treat this? I don't know the reason behind, I wish it would just stop.

haleysmom,

Hello,
    what you are experiencing is a very common occurrence after the birth of a baby.

Mum's often see noticeable hair loss a few months after childbirth. This hair loss is completely normal. It is caused by falling estrogen levels.

The good news is that this hair loss is temporary and you do not have to do anything to remedy it. Most women see their hair return to its normal fullness by their child’s first birthday. Many mum's regain normal fullness even earlier.

Some suggest using a shampoo and conditioner that adds volume to your hair as well as a new style.
    Just know that your hair will stop falling out and begin to gain volume very soon.

blessings

There are many things that you can do to reduce hair loss after giving birth. Avoid pigtails, braids and tight hair rollers which can pull and stress your hair. Also eat healthy foods like vegetables and fruits it can help you to have a healthy hair and to reduce hair fall. Use wide tooth comb when styling or brushing your hair.

Thanks you Mummies! Its just bothersome that it falls dramatically but if its just temporary I think I can manage.

alezandrah,

Great advice about hair styles.....I love to wear my hair is a lose braid....maybe if your hair is long enough that style would work for you too.

Thanks for all the amazing woman to woman support.

blessings