Exclamation Progesterone cream trying to conceive

Hello!
    I have had issues with my menstrual cycle and hormones since I was about 19. I was bleeding and spotting lasting more than 50 days at a time. I went from 150lb to 200lb in about 6 months, finally hitting 230lb at my heaviest. I was put on the Birth control pill at a 1/35 hormone dosage. After about 6 months on the pill I went back down to 180lb. I stopped taking the pill January 2013. I had minor spotting in the past year but no real menstrual cycle. I have had 2 consecutive cycles and went from 170lb to 217lb in about 3 months and I am miserable. I am now 27 years old and would like to get pregnant soon, so I haven't been using any bc method since being off the pill last year. Looking into my symptoms and knowing I have a hormone problem I am going to start using Progesterone Cream to try to balance myself back out. What I want to know is if I am doing what is best for my body to be healthy and get pregnant finally?
    Please help
    Thank you for your time!
    Sam

Dear Sam,

Welcome to the Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond forum.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to conceive yet. It is best to talk to your doctor about using a Progesterone Cream as there are possible side effects to consider. It is also wise if your doctor tests your hormone levels before and during your use of this cream. Have you seen your doctor about your fertility levels? Have you had any fertility testing? Has your doctor considered if you may have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)?

Warm wishes,
    LJ