Medication for common cold?

What is the best medication to give a pregnant woman suffering from a common cold?

motherlywidow,

I think its always best to contact your care provider first and foremost. As each woman's pregnancy can be very unique from the next.

Your doctor or midwife will help direct you in which remedies or medications that will help you.

I personally prefer to search for natural ways to treat a common illness during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Make sure to include 2-3L of water everyday.
    Lots of rest, naps mid day early to best.
    Eating several fresh oranges several times a day.
    Hot honey and lemon tea several times a day as well.
    Some moms find swallowing a whole smashed clove of garlic 3 times a day to help the immune system.
    Hope you start to feel better soon.

Blessings

This is definitely good advice, sunnymumof5!

Thank you so much.

Regards,

motherlywidow

Super advice above

Remember that when you are pregnant your immune system is lower so you are unfortunately more susceptible to the cold and flu. If you can avoid people you know have the flu this would be advisable in pregnancy. Good hand hygiene is also very important. Keep up your vitamin C intake and pack your diet full of as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible.

If you are breastfeeding then rubbing a little expressed breastmilk onto a sore nose (from a cold) can help.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you again!

Well said, LJ! I will definitely take your advice, and share it with my pregnant friends.

Thank you!

motherlywidow

You are really welcome motherlywidow, I hope your pregnant friends find it helpful.

LJ

I'm sure they will

I'm sure they will, LJ! You've been of great help.

motherlywidow