Deciding between home birth and hospital??

I have two very successful labours with my two boys. This time I am thinking about a home birth. One of the reasons is that I feel that I get shuffled in and out of the hospital so fast anyways why not be in the comfort of my own home. My last baby came pretty quick and we aren't very close to our nearest hospital now so I think this would be a great choice since I would rather not give birth in our car on route to the hospital. I just have a few concerns about it and that would be what happens if somethings happens etc. I can't seem to get past that thought in my head. My midwife has given me all the information but I need to know how other moms dealt with that question. Just want to make sure I am making the right decision for the baby and I.

mommytobe3,

How exciting that you are entertaining a home birth for your baby an your self.
    When I was researching home birthing I read as many positive birth stories I could find....here in this forum we have several home birth stories.

Check out this link:http://www.pregnancy.com.au/forums/f...-Birth-Stories

I also suggest asking your midwife about any support groups and home birth positive books you can read in the mean time.
    I thoroughly enjoyed books written by Ina May Gaskins a renowned American midwife.

Research all of your options, write down your concerns and talk them over with your midwife. She will be able to guide you in finding some great informative resources about home birthing.

I hope that others chime in as well and share any info they can to empower your decision to home birth.

Happy Home Birthing
    Blessings

Thanks again for such a great reply it has helped a lot and the links were a great tool. Thanks again

mommytobe3,

Let us know what you decide to do...we would love to support you in either decision that you make.

Blessings

Thanks I will and thanks again for all your help