Thread: Typhoon Baby!

Typhoon Baby!

I can still remember how exactly nervous I am in giving birth to my first child. I was just 17y/o back then and had no clues or ideas when it comes to pregnancy.

The day has come, January 5 2009 around 1PM, I was the only one left in the house (my husband is on duty as a nurse). I felt eerie and wet as I saw blood stains on my underwear. The first thing that I thought was how my baby will look like (yes it is weird) instead of how to get into the hospital by my own. During that time its very windy with rainfalls due to a typhoon and I am the only one in the house. Luckily my sister came home immediately after calling her and told her that I will be giving birth.

Everything went well, my mom and my husband arrive while I'm still in the delivery room. Everybody was so happy to see a cute and healthy little boy and they tease me to call him the Typhoon Baby.

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely story MommyKat.

My youngest is six months old and I think of her birth each day. I feel that birth is such a significant event - it should be one that every women can look back on positively.

Best wishes,
    LJ

Thanks LJ. Goodluck on your pregnancy!