Thread: Contractions?

Hybrid View

Contractions?

Well I am in my third and final trimester with my second son. I have a question, I actually get contractions and they hurt to be honest. I do not know of the braxton hicks contractions are suppose to hurt or not, but when I have these they hurt and sometimes when I walk they hurt as well. Is this normal? Do I need to worry?

Hi Lucky120,

I would check this with your own midwife or GP just to be sure.

How many weeks are you now? Braxton Hicks contractions can sometimes be painful in the third trimester. The difference between these and true contractions is that Braxton Hicks contractions will not become consistently stronger, closer together and stronger.

I had a lot of contractions in my third trimester that hurt but was told if I couldn't talk (because of the intense pain) or walk while they were happening and/or they were close together that I should call. Do not hesitate to call your midwife or doctor if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thank you both I am 32 weeks now and I am having him March 23rd. Yes I go see her on the 14th so I will be talking to her about it, but I have actually been able to move around a little bit more than I was, but I still want to make sure that I talk to her about everything. Thank you again and I will keep you all posted.

Hi Lucky120! First of all I would like to congratulate you with your pregnancy now. And I just wold like to let you know, that braxton hicks contractions usually begin at 5months. They are not permanent contractions and they can be relieved. Like my pregnancy before, I felt braxton hicks contractions from time to time. But unknowingly, I was already having preterm labor because I had UTI. I ignored the contractions because I was thinking they were only braxton hicks. So my advice for you is to be very careful and cautious. Don't hesitate to consult your midwife or OB right away to ensure your safety as well as the baby.