Moving forward after a miscarriage.

My hubby and I had one miscarriage before (it happened 2 years ago, before we were married) and it was really hard on me. Ever since then I have had a really deep fear of being infertile. Every woman in my dadís family has had trouble conceiving and many never had children. My hubby thinks I am overreacting but for me, my fear is very real and very legitimate. I want desperately to try again to have a baby, but I am truly afraid. I think I may even be more afraid then I am willing to admit to my husband. Have any of you dealt with this? If you have, how do you let go of the fear and move forward?

So sorry about your loss Lea. May you be granted a good solace.

I have had two miscarriages, they were devastating. But with time and the support of my husband I was able to gradually accept it and increase in patience.

I remained hopeful, and again patience with becoming pregnant. And I prayed and prayed.

After my second miscarriage...I became pregnant about 3 months later. I started to feel real odd, I was fearful. I called my husband and said I needed him to leave work and take me to the doctor. I was nervous to go alone, as I thought I may be miscarrying again.

Well..the doctor did an ultrasound and he said "Look!". As my husband and I looked at the screen we saw two babies. Two!

I don't want to denounce your fear, but please remain hopeful, stay in touch with your doctor, be intimate with your husband joyfully & frequently, and await the outcome.

I felt that God was compensating me for my previous losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea26 View Post
    My hubby and I had one miscarriage before (it happened 2 years ago, before we were married) and it was really hard on me. Ever since then I have had a really deep fear of being infertile. Every woman in my dadís family has had trouble conceiving and many never had children. My hubby thinks I am overreacting but for me, my fear is very real and very legitimate. I want desperately to try again to have a baby, but I am truly afraid. I think I may even be more afraid then I am willing to admit to my husband. Have any of you dealt with this? If you have, how do you let go of the fear and move forward?