Wink Excercises during pregnancy

There are a lot of exercises that pregnant mums can do. But is yoga more recommended? And s there any limitations with the exercises that pregnant mums can do? How about sex? Someone told me it is also considered as an exercise.

Hi duly3nn3,

When exercising in pregnancy what is important is to exercise at a level similar to your pre-pregnancy exercise levels (obviously avoiding contact sports). You should also avoid laying on your back as this can cause the uterus to put too much pressure on the spine and can restrict the blood flow to the baby and leave you feeling faint.

Yoga is often recommended in pregnancy because it also involves breathing exercises which can help you to learn to relax both in pregnancy and labour. However, it is not really 'better' than other exercises. Swimming is a great one in pregnancy as is power walking. You can also take a relaxation class or a course such as Hypnobirthing or Calmbirth to help you to learn to relax (this is particularly important in labour and is likely to lead to a shorter, smoother labour) alongside your exercises.

Sex is safe in pregnancy unless you have been advised otherwise by a doctor. Yes it is a form of exercise!

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Wow! Thank you so much! This is the first time I heard about Hypnobirthing and Calmbirth. Thank you so much for your help. :-)

You are really welcome. Do have a look into both of those courses/relaxation methods as both are excellent.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thanks! I will look into that!