Is it normal for my baby to spill a little milk every time he burps ?

My 4 month old baby is on formula and he has this habit of spilling a little milk every time he burps.Though I take care that he is not laid down after having milk and make sure he is in an upright position for a while after each feed. But still he spills a little milk every time he burps. Should I be worried about it or is it normal for babies. I am worried if the cause for this could be some stomach infection. I would be glad to receive your valuable advice on this.

Naush,

So your baby is spitting up a little milk after a feeding?
    Have you tried to burp him half way through his bottle feeding and see if that helps at all?
    Also I know you mentioned that you keep him up right...that's very important that your little one stay upright for several moments after a feed to allow his digestive system to work properly.

Id might see if offering him an half ounce less of milk in his bottle helps as well.
    Maybe a few feedings will bring light to the issue.

Id say that he probably does not have a stomach infection, you would know right away as he would spit up copious amounts of milk and generally be very fussy and irritable if he was suffering from a infection.

I do know that if he still continues to spit a little with every feed that it can be perfectly normal and is more a laundry problem than a baby problem.

Make sure to have a burp towel handy to catch his milk and keep on loving on your little one.

Blessings

Dear sunnymumof5,

I'll surely try to burp him between the feeds. I hope that works.
    Thanks !!

If your baby spits up a lot, try burping her every few minutes during feedings. Don't lay her down or play with her for 20-30 minutes after eating. Spitting up often gets better when a baby starts sitting up. If you're worried about how much she spits up, or if she is fussy when spitting up, talk to your pediatrician.