Preparing dogs for a baby

I'm not pregnant at the moment, but I'm hoping to be in the next couple of years. I have two dogs that live inside. I"m wondering if anyone knows how to prepare dogs for bringing a baby home. Is there anything in particular they need to know? Special commands? Should I be concerned for any reason? Obviously, I wouldn't leave a child alone with a dog as a baby, but I would like to hear from someone that may have dogs and how they went about preparing, introducing, and in general living with dogs with a baby. Thanks in advance.

Dear DecisionsDecisions (yes there are lots of those when you are planning a family!),

I don't have dogs so I can't help to give a personal perspective on this although hopefully our forum members will be able to help.

I do know that we have had this book previously recommended on the forum: There's A Baby in the House: Preparing your Dog for the Arrival of your Baby by Mike Wombacher.

There are also some general tips here on having pets around babies.

I hope you find all the answers to your questions.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

I've never heard of the book. After reading the summary, it sounds like it would be perfect for me. I have a dog that has some issues with being wild. Hopefully, it will help. I'll also check out those tips. Thanks!

I hope it helps you and your dog