Hybrid View

What to do to increase chances of getting pregnant

Hi, we've been trying for 2 years now, what to do to increase chances of getting pregnant? Of course the act of doing it is obviously the answer but what I mean is, what did you do differently? did you go through diet change? doing specific exercise? please share. thanks

Hi marierose,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been able to conceive yet.

How often do you and your partner make love? What enables many women to get pregnant quicker is knowing when their fertile time of the month is. There are only around three days every month that a woman is able to conceive. You can look out for the natural signs of fertility - please have a look at this detailed linked previous thread on this topic.

Are your cycles regular? Are you a healthy weight?

Drinking plenty of water each day can help you to conceive. It is also important to eat a healthy, balanced diet with as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible. Avoid smoking and alcohol and keep stress to a minimum. Regular exercise is also important. I personally have found swimming good at this time.

Generally speaking, couples are advised to see their doctor is they have been trying to conceive for 12 months and have not been able to. Have you thought about this? Please could I ask how old you are as age is an important factor in fertility for a woman.

The missionary position is thought to be good for conceiving. Some sources also advocate a woman laying on her back for 5 minutes after love-making with a pillow under her bottom.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi, I'm 32, yes regular cycle, 28days. Ill check the link too. Thank you for the tips, ill surely do it

At 32 years old age shouldn't really be a problem - it is typically from age 35 onward that fertility starts to significantly decrease each year. That's good that your cycles are regular. How frequently do you and your partner make love? Have you spoken to your doctor/ been through any fertility testing?

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Take folic acid and prop pelvis and legs up for a bit after doing the deed. That may help some.

Yes, it's interesting that the main reason to take folic acid when you are trying to conceive is to protect the baby from certain birth defects (neural tube defects). This article explains the importance of folic acid in more detail: What is Folic Acid. However, some studies also show that folic acid can help a woman to ovulate regularly and so can help with conception itself. This is relatively new information.

LJ

Yes getting pregnant when you are married is so exciting. When I got married I did not get pregnant so easily so my husband and I prayed hard for me to get pregnant. After 5 months I got pregnant then, it was so amazing.

What a wonderful conception story alexandrah