Hybrid View

Administrator

Health Professionals supportive of vaccination alternatives

We had a great get together today for the Pregnancy and Parenting Network. The discussion centred around the topic of Vaccination. We talked about homeopathic vaccination, partial vaccination, full vaccination or no vaccination. It was suggested that we list holistic doctors on the forum that are supportive of non-vaccination or alternatives to the full vaccination schedule - so I am keen for their details to be posted in this thread. For those of you wanting Dr Antony Underwood's contact details here they are: Pymble Grove Health Centre. Website http://pymblegrove.com/practitioners...tony-underwood Phone 02 9418 1388

The book I recommend on vaccination is The Parents Concise Guide to Childhood Vaccinations by Lauren Feder - you can see or purchase this book online from thi spage http://www.pregnancy.com.au/shop/pro...cinations.html
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Thumbs up

Dr Robyn Trompf is not immunised herself and believes that her good health and strong immune system are due to that choice made by her parents.

She is at Suite 5/3-9 Terminus St, Castle Hill, NSW.
    Ph: 02 8850 5411

She works part-time so you would need to make an appointment. She will happily explain the pros and cons if its your first baby you are not immunising then sign the exemption form.

Administrator

Thanks for getting the ball rolling

Thanks Nerrida for posting this GPs details. Looking forward to getting a good list of doctors on this thread
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    The Attachment Parenting Group mentioned this doctor as being holistic:
    Dr Andrea Peiser
    ST Ives NSW 2075
    Phone (02) 9440 5324
    Hidden Content

Administrator

Further contacts

There are also a number of General Practitioner's that practice wholisticly at the Pymble Grove Health Centre that may be worth following up. Contact details are:

Pymble Grove Health Centre
    Suite 11 924 Pacific Highway Gordon NSW 2072
    02 9418 1388
    Fax: 02 9418 1418
    www.pymblegrove.com
    Wholistic General Practitioner, Anthroposophic Medicine, Counselling
    Hidden Content

Red face Homeoprophylaxis

An alternative to mainstream vaccination that I discussed was Homeoprophylaxis (HP). We are seeing Linlee Jordan at Harbord Homeopathic Childrens Clinic located in Brookvale (northern beaches). So far Kaiya has had the trial HP for whooping cough, she had no reaction to this so will be having the full dose in a couple of weeks time.

Clinic details are www.hhcc.com.au.
    Ph 9905 9415
    Unit 110, 20 Dale St, Brookvale

Administrator
    For those choosing not to vaccinate here are a few doctors in Sydney who are either anti vaccination or support non-vaxers that have been recommended by Sydney Attachment Parenting members. May be useful for those wanting to get their consciencious objection forms signed.

Dr Antony Underwood, Gordon
    Dr Pearle Chan, Manly
    Dr Graeme Romans, Balmain
    Dr Nicole Gouda, Enfield family medical practice
    Dr Robyn Cosford, Mona Vale
    Dr Andrea Lung, Surry Hills
    Dr Helen Peterson, Glebe
    Dr Jen Hunter, Surry Hills
    Dr Sarah Williams, Bankstown
    Dee Why Medical Practice, Dee Why (6 practitioners)
    YourHealth, Manly (10 practitioners)
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    Nimrod from Newtown Community Chiropractic posted the following slides on his presentation on vaccination. I thought you might be interested. The slides can form a basis from which to do further research. The web link is www.newtowncommunitychiropractic.com.au/Newtown_Community_Chiropractic/about_you_vaccinations.html
    Hidden Content

Love this post. Im new on here. And i have recently had an experience withy doctor who refused to sign my form for my youngest bub. His attitude and mood changed immediatly when i asked him to sigh my form. Im really disapointed in the health care profession. They can b so judgemental. Im doing what i beleive is best for.my child. My other 2 are not immuniae withwr and i had no prob gettting my forms signed so now i have to find a doctor willing to sign my form

I'm sorry your doctor did not respect your rights to vaccinate your children as you see fit. What a shame he didn't support you with your decision. The medical profession should work hand-in-hand with parents to provide holistic care for our children. I hope you are able to find a doctor who respects your decision soon.

LJ