Is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome as reason for aversion towards sex life?

Hi,
    I have been married for 3 years and now planning to have baby. But recently i was diagnosed with PCOS and from then i am not interested in having intercourse. I feel so much irritated to think of sex. Before diagnosis my husband and I had a very satisfactory intercourse but now a days I don't feel like having sex. Is this because of the hormone imbalance of PCOS?

Dear janemartina,

Thank you for posting this interesting question.

It is true that PCOS can affect your emotions due to the hormone imbalance. PCOS has been linked to mood swings, anxiety attacks and even depression.

However, you say that previously you and your husband did not have any problems with making love. Therefore, I would say that it is more likely that it is the worry about conceiving which has caused the change in your emotions concerning love-making. Many couples do find that if conceiving becomes a job or process to 'go through' in order to make a baby then it takes the joy out of making love. It can become just another task to complete in a busy day and can be associated with stress and worry. You are more likely to experience these sort of emotions if you have any fertility issues.

I know that it is easier said than done, but try to keep the fun and spontaneity in your love-making. Surprise each other with acts of romance and put time into creating a relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere.

It may be that your PCOS has some affect on your emotions surrounding sex too but it is likely that what I have described above is also having an impact. Do you feel able to talk to your husband about this?

Best wishes,
    LJ

Yes , you are right LJ. only afer trying to conceive I feel this way. I haven't discussed this with my husband and I think its right time to discuss with him about this.

Thanks for your reply janemartina.

I hope you find that sharing your feelings with your husband about this helps you both to talk more about the emotions that can arise when you are trying to conceive. I hope too that you are able to enjoy thinking about some ways to make love-making more enjoyable and relaxed.

Warm wishes,
    LJ