Thread: Baby teething

Baby teething

How do you deal with teething? My son is growing teeth ( How wonderful!!!) but i noticed that when the teeth start to grow he normally gets high fever, sometimes vomiting and passing very loose stool. is there a natural remedy for teething to prevent this from happening eveytime?

10 Natural Teething Home Remedies

None of my children had any symptoms while cutting teeth. However I've read of other mothers who had children that experienced fever, vomiting and diarrhea while cutting a tooth.

Homeopathic remedies can be very effective in reducing pain and possibly the other symptoms your child is experiencing. Weleda Baby Teething Powder can be helpful.

Here's an article that discusses many different natural remedies that may help your child.Natural Teething Home Remedies: 10 Most Popular Recommendations

Let me know if you learn something new that you think will help.

Warm regards,

Kate

We use homeopathic teething gel and amber necklaces around here. My first two were virtually symptom free, but my youngest does get very irritable and sometimes have loose stools. Have you made sure that the symptoms are not related to something else going on at the same time? Possibly an ear infection?

Administrator
    All the suggestions above are great natural remedies for teething. Also you could consider consulting a naturopath for some advise. Maybe a specific herbal or homoepathic rememdy may help. I am interested Mom2many how to the amber necklaces help?
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Is it teething?

Hello - I am trying to figure out if my baby is just starting to teethe. Family members have had differing opinions and my guess is that she is just starting. She is 5 months old and I haven't been able to feel any tooth pushing out from the gums yet, though she is showing other signs. She is drooling more than usual and chews on her fingers (and/or anything else she can put in her mouth) and also chews on her dummy instead of sucking it.
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Dee

Hi Dee,

Well the average age for a baby to show their first tooth is 6 months so it could well be. Another common sign of teething is red cheeks. Some research has shown that the growing of the tooth rather than the erupting of the tooth through the gum causes more discomfort to a baby. A baby may feel discomfort from a tooth for around a month before the tooth actually emerges. Another common sign of teething is chewing on anything that is around. However, people sometimes mistake the developmental phase of learning to put objects in the mouth at around 5 months of age (in preparation for starting solid food at around 6 months of age) as teething.

I would say that it sounds like your daughter will soon produce a tooth! However, these things can take a while from the first signs of teething.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi LJ, thanks for the reply! I had forgotten to mention that she does have redder cheeks than usual, so I think teething makes sense! Especially as she is really chewing at things (and not just bringing them to the mouth).
    I will let you know in a month or so if a first tooth makes an appearance
    Dee