My C-section scar itches!

The scar of my c-section itches so much it drives me nuts! I try to ignore it sometimes and other times I try to just rub the itch away, but there are times when I just can't help it. What causes this and is there anything that can be done about it?

Kgriff,

The itchy c-section scar is a very common phenomenon. I've seen reports of mothers having itching years after delivery.

Some mums have reported that the change of weather will start a new itching cycle.
    Other have mentioned that the skin seems to be more sensitive during a mums menstrual cycle.

I suggest making sure your body is well hydrated, 2-3L of water a day. Keeping skin well moisturized with copious amounts of almond oil and or coconut oil.
    Vitamin e oil is a well known oil to help in scar healing.
    You could mix up a small bottle of the above oils and keep your scar well moisturized for a few months and see if that helps.

Hope these ides bring much needed relief to you.

Blessings

When did you have your c-section Kgriff?

Best wishes,
    LJ

Thanks so much! I have some coconut oil, but I need to get some almond oil. I'll let you know how it helps. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymumof5 View Post
    Kgriff,

The itchy c-section scar is a very common phenomenon. I've seen reports of mothers having itching years after delivery.

Some mums have reported that the change of weather will start a new itching cycle.
    Other have mentioned that the skin seems to be more sensitive during a mums menstrual cycle.

I suggest making sure your body is well hydrated, 2-3L of water a day. Keeping skin well moisturized with copious amounts of almond oil and or coconut oil.
    Vitamin e oil is a well known oil to help in scar healing.
    You could mix up a small bottle of the above oils and keep your scar well moisturized for a few months and see if that helps.

Hope these ides bring much needed relief to you.

Blessings

Seven years ago. Can't believe it still bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    When did you have your c-section Kgriff?

Best wishes,
    LJ

Have you seen your doctor about this recently Kgriff? If it is still itchy after so long I think it would be wise just to get it checked.

Hope it gets more comfortable for you,
    LJ