My health of my teeth changed after pregnancy. Any natural remedies for whitening?

My teeth during and after my pregnancy changed slightly. What natural ways do you recommend to help whiten teeth before going to a dentist? I heard of banana peels, what other methods are there out there with food?

Hi lovemykids,

You may like to read this article Healthy teeth, healthy mothers, healthy babies.

Your hormones change in pregnancy so this can cause your gums to be more susceptible to problems. This means it is even more important that you have a good hygiene routine in pregnancy and when you have young children and that you see your dentist regularly.

Did you suffer from bad morning sickness in your pregnancy? This can cause changes in your teeth.

Eating crunchy food like cucumbers and carrots can help to whiten your teeth. What is your diet like generally?

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hello lovemykids,

Have you heard of oil pulling?

Oil pulling is a age old Ayurveda process, it works on the ROOT CAUSE and helps the body in its healing process, hence takes significant amount of time in giving you the desired results. The time it takes depends on an individual.

Some claim that it helps to whiten the teeth, others mention the amazing health benefits from it as well.
    Here is a great link on oil pulling:
    http://www.oilpulling.com/

Ive also heard of baking soda mixed with coconut oil with a drop of tea tree oil or peppermint oil used as a toothpaste. The baking soda helps with whitening.

Please do let us know if you use either of these remedies, Id love to hear back from you.

Blessings

Thank you for the advice sunnymumof5. I have recently read about oil pulling, but never thought about trying it. Baking soda sounds great, since I do want to eventually make my own toothpaste. I will let you know when I try them. Thanks again!