Morning sickness :(

Hi guys,
    it's my fifth week of pregnancy, I'm suffering from morning sickness everyday, do you have any ideas on how to get over it?

Hi malak-wagih,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering with morning sickness. The good news is that, for most women, it goes away once they reach the second trimester.

It may help you to eat little and often throughout the day. Is there a particular time of day that you suffer from morning sickness? Despite its name, morning sickness can strike at any hour of the day or night.

It is also wise to make sure that you do not get too hungry and that you eat something before getting out of bed in the morning.

Something else which can help is acupressure bands or travel sickness bands.

Many women also find that ginger or ginger products helps to ease the morning sickness.

Take care and get plenty of rest. Are you actually being sick or just feeling sick? If you are so sick that you are unable to keep food or water down then you should speak to your doctor or midwife.

Warm wishes,
    LJ