My first trimester was stressful.

We used to live in a big house with other people and around my 3rd month, things got out of hand and conflicts started to arise. It was very stressful for me, I did not have the same appetite I used to have when I was not pregnant yet, I started to think about negative things and I hated everything. I was always in a bad mood because of the environment. We have decided to move out on my 6th month and mind you, everything became better. My appetite suddenly boosted, I became a very jolly person and started listening to music again, I started experimenting with my cooking. I know that the first 3 months are the most critical. What I am worried about is, will my stressful first trimester affect my baby's health when she comes out?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you had a stressful time in your first trimester. I'm glad that you were able to make a positive decision and move out. That's excellent that you have since found things much easier.

The main concern about stress in the first trimester is that it may be linked to an increased chance of miscarriage. I'm so pleased you are in the seventh month of a healthy pregnancy. I would, therefore, put what happened earlier in your pregnancy behind you and focus on bonding with your baby girl now and enjoying the things in your life. This will have a positive impact on your little one.

With warm wishes,
    LJ

Its nice to hear such reassuring words! I make it a point to forget whatever happened in the past and make sure I only think about happy thoughts! Thank you for your response, LJ!

Yes being surrounded by positivity is important at this stage in pregnancy. The same goes for thinking about the birth of your little girl - avoid anyone who tells negative birth stories and spend time with people who will empower and inspire you to have the birth you hope for.

Warm wishes,
    LJ