What's the best antenatal care program to choose for first time mum?

This is my first pregnancy and I am trying to book an appointment for my antenatal care. I think there was about 4 or 5 program to choose from. What do you think is advisable for first time mum?

Mum2be,

Im not sure which options you have to choose from. However Im a big fan of midwifery care during your pregnancy.
    I choose midwives for my last 2 pregnancies and absolutely had the best care I could ever imagine.
    Loving care was provided from start to end. I feel that midwives have so much love and women to women support to give.

Id love to hear which programs you have to choose from. Do you mind sharing that information with us.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Blessings

Yes I agree - for low-risk pregnancies (which are by far the majority of pregnancies) midwife-led care is a great option. Having midwife-led care means less chance of medical interventions and the risks associated with them. You are more likely to have an active labour if you choose midwife-led care which means that you labour is more likely to be shorter and easier.

Being a first time mum does not make your pregnancy higher risk. You should still have all the birthing options available to you.

Do let us know what options you have; it is a pleasure to be able to support you with this decision. Ultimately it has to be a choice that you are happy and comfortable with and feel supported in the way you want to give birth.

Warm wishes,
    LJ

thanks guys, i think im gonna go with midwife care anyway coz' their clinic is close to where i live

That's good news. You may be interested in this article: Midwifery Care has Better Outcomes for Mothers and Babies. Another article of interest on this topic is Women's Perceptions of Midwife Led Care.

Warm wishes,
    LJ