Post First miscarriage.

Hi all,
    I'm new to all of this, I didn't even know I was pregnant. I started getting what I thought was my period 2 weeks ago today. I had some fairly big clots coming out but as I had recently stopped the pill due to surgery that didn't happen, I thought this could just be a side effect.
    Anyway, for the last 2 weeks I've been bleeding heavily with the massive clots coming out pretty much everytime I peed (sorry TMI). On Thursday night I had a nap and woke up at 8pm in horrible intense pain. I was doubled over on the bathroom floor from the pain and I got to the point where I got that hot I had to strip to nothing to avoid passing out. I managed to go to the toilet and passed a massive big clot that looked a little different then the rest. After that my pain eased incredibly.
    I've still been passing clots, but now my discharge had turned into a watery bloody type. It's still fairly heavy, but I've read as long as there is no smell, I should be fine.
    Just wondering what people's thoughts on this are. I know absolutely nothing about any of this and would appreciate the feedback.
    Thanks in advance

Nessinator,

Did you have a positive pregnancy test prior to your last period?
    I highly suggest that you consult with your doctor as soon as possible to be properly evaluated.
    Here is a link to a great website explaining miscarriage signs and symptoms.

http://pregnancyloss.info/symptoms-of-miscarriage/

Im also thinking your body could be trying to regulate itself after coming off birth control pills too.
    Drink red raspberry tea and staying hydrated with 2-3L of water a day can help your body as well.

A midwife could be a great resource for you during this time as well.
    She can help you focus on healing your body and getting back on the right track with your fertility.

Hope this helps.

Blessings

Dear Nessinator,

Welcome to our Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond forum - I'm so sorry that you have not been brought to our forum under happier circumstances.

It does sound very much like you are having a miscarriage. I would also certainly strongly advise that you see your doctor as soon as possible. Two weeks is a fairly long time to be bleeding and an ultrasound scan is normally recommended during and/or following a miscarriage to check that all the 'products of conception' (I personally don't like this term) have come out of the womb. You should always consult a doctor if you think you may be having a miscarriage.

You can read more information about miscarriages here.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. A miscarriage is devastating and tragic no matter whether or not you knew you were pregnant before it started. It's normal and natural to go through a time of grieving for your lost baby.

Warm wishes,
    LJ