Unpredictable periods

I'm experiencing an unpredictable periods. That's the reason why I didn't get the exact date when am I SAFE. Is there any way I can track/predict my fertility?

Hi jacelene,

Thank you for posting this interesting question.

When you are breastfeeding (in, particular, when you are exclusively breastfeeding) your periods often don't happen because most women are infertile for a period of time when they are breastfeeding (the average temporary infertile time when breastfeeding is 15 months). Therefore, when you are breastfeeding methods for predicting fertility are not reliable. It is highly unlikely that someone who is 'ecologically breastfeeding' (i.e. breastfeeding on demand, exclusively breastfeeding in the first 6 months, often co-sleeping and babywearing) would have a return of their periods in the first 6 months following birth.

However, if you really don't want to get pregnant then you should use contraception (such as condoms).

Here is a link to a really informative previous post on the natural signs of fertility. I hope that you find it helpful.

Best wishes,
    LJ