Hybrid View

What's your favourite part of being a mum?

What do you love most about being a mum? Which moments have been better than you could ever dream of? What part of being a mum makes your heart melt?

For me, I love first thing every morning when my 14 month old son wakes up from our shared bed and gives me the biggest, cheekiest grin I've ever seen! It makes me thankful for him every morning. What a wonderful way to start the day.

What about you?

I love everything about being a mom. My favorie moments when the boys were babies was in the morning or after a naps and I would hear them making cute little baby noises then I would go into their room and see their two little bald baby heads looking up at me with the biggest smiles on their faces!

Yesterday my boys made me breakfast. I came out of the shower to both of them excitedly telling me I need to come into the kitchen. There was half a bowl of cereal and a piece of cheese waiting for me. So sweet!

I always dreamed of being an at-home mom and though it is harder at times than I thought it would be; it is also far more precious and joyous than I ever could have imagined
    Last edited by DoubleSunshine; 17th February 2012 at 09:01 AM.

One of my favorite parts of being a mum is the whole breastfeeding experience. My youngest is now 7, and I'm entering menopause, and I know I will miss not being able to breastfeed again.

But now, as the children are older, they like to shower me with special little gifts, like DoubleSunshine shared. For Valentine's Day and 10 year old and 7 year old made hearts out of colored paper and wrote clues on them, and then hid them around the house. It was a treasure hunt, and at the end of the hunt they gave me little gifts like massages and brushing my hair (I love to have my hair brushed) and even menu planning and cooking for 2 weeks! Of course I'll have to help with the menu planning and cooking, but they are a big help too, and it will be time together well spent.

I love nearly everything about being a mum. I loved being pregnant and I love breastfeeding. I like snuggling with my babies and dressing them up. I love just seeing their smiling faces everyday.

As my children get older, the things that I love about being a mum are constantly evolving. It seems like for everything that kind of stinks about being a parent, (like dirty nappies ) there are two or three really great things that truly make it wonderful !

Ah these are all great.

Kate - two weeks of menu planning and cooking: wow! And DoubleSunshine your special breakfast sounds priceless. Hope I have that to look forward to.

I agree with mom2many that, whilst there are certainly tough parts of being a mum, the great parts make those fade into the distance.