Hypnobirthing - have you tried it?

The birth of my son was not the birth that I had hoped for. I suffered with post-traumatic stress syndrome due to the lengthy, stressful labour for many months after the birth.

I have been looking into the theory behind Hypnobirthing for my future births. I believe that fear of what was happening in my first labour caused my body to work against the natural instincts every woman has during labour. I understand Hypnobirthing focusses on eliminating the fear of labour.

Has anyone used Hypnobirthing? Was it effective at all stages of the labour? In order to learn Hypnobirthing, did you listen to cds or attend a Hypnobirthing class?

All comments will be much appreciated!

I didn't try it but I considered it. My midwife said she hadn't seen a big difference in those who used it as compared to those who didn't. However, I have heard of women who used it and they loved it.

Here's a video that shows a mom who used Hypnobirthing and had a waterbirth. Amazing!

HypnoBirthing

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    The birth of my son was not the birth that I had hoped for. I suffered with post-traumatic stress syndrome due to the lengthy, stressful labour for many months after the birth.

I have been looking into the theory behind Hypnobirthing for my future births. I believe that fear of what was happening in my first labour caused my body to work against the natural instincts every woman has during labour. I understand Hypnobirthing focusses on eliminating the fear of labour.

Has anyone used Hypnobirthing? Was it effective at all stages of the labour? In order to learn Hypnobirthing, did you listen to cds or attend a Hypnobirthing class?

All comments will be much appreciated!
    HypnoBirthing is a complete childbirth education program that will not only help you enjoy your pregnancy and birth, but also deal with any doubts you might have about your body's ability to give birth calmly and easily It will also remove any fears you might still have, filling you with confidence and optimism. 12 and a half hour of creative and fascinating classes comprise the program, and CD's, handouts and full support are included. Ensure that your HypnoBirthing practitioner is certified by the HypnoBirthing Institute, and have a WONDERFUL HypnoBirth!