Due Date Accuracy

Is it possible to plan your due date? And how accurate could that be? I asked because I am planning to travel with my husband next year and at the same time we are planing to have a baby. I think it's safe to plan things ahead . Hope someone could help me here. Thanks!

Hi angelcj,

Thanks for posting this interesting question.

It's certainly good to plan ahead However, there are some things (actually, many!) we can't control when it comes to babies.

Firstly, you don't know how long it will take you to conceive. The average time for a couple to take to conceive is 6 months if they are healthy and having sex regularly.

Once you conceive you are given an estimated due date. Note that this is estimated and is based on averages - an average pregnancy lasts 40 weeks starting from the first day of your last menstrual period. However, it is considered normal to have your baby anytime between 37 and 42 weeks of pregnancy and you would be considered to be full term within this period. Only around 5% of women give birth on their estimated due date.

Please do post back if you have any further questions on this interesting topic.

Wishing you and your husband all the best with your travelling and conceiving,
    Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi ljmarsden,

Wow! Thanks for those information. I think I have to star planning with my husband if we are to travel next year.

This forum is so great really glad i joined.

You are really welcome. It's great to have you on-board the Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond forum as you start this exciting journey which is like no other

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you so much ljmarsden for welcoming me. I do not know what to expect about pregnancy, motherhood and parenting. But I'm really excited.

It is such an exciting journey to be on - one like no other. In many ways, there's nothing that could have prepared me for the joy of having children...you know it is going to change your life but you can't comprehend quite how much and in what wonderful ways. That has been my experience anyway

LJ

I am really looking forward to it . I want to make sure that I give the best care for my child to be. I know one day I will be able to understand the feeling you are referring to. I can only imagine the beauty of this new journey.

You are going to be a wonderful mummy - I just know it!