Pregnancy Preparation Exercise

Hi

I just want to know if anyone has ideas of exercises that can specifically help in my preparation for pregnancy ?

Please help thanks

angelcj,

I highly suggest that you get a exercise ball and sit on it daily, roll around on it, rotate your pelvis in circular motions...make that ball your go to seat.

Here is a great link on the amazing benefits of a exercise ball during pregnancy.

http://spinningbabies.com/techniques...ng/birth-balls

Let me know if you have any questions.

Blessings

Great!

Thanks for the link. I find it really interesting and fun. I am just a bit worried, isn't it a risky activity? I might get out of balance. Well I was just thought of that. Maybe I just need an assistant in balancing.

thanks a lot sunnymumuf5

angelcj,

Your feet are balanced on the ground, the ball supports your weight. If you need help balancing, sit beside a table and hold on to the table. It is not dangerous at all. Once you sit on it you will feel the ball flatten on the bottom some....try it....the ball is an amazing way to open your pelvis for a easier delivery.

Blessings

Thanks for this sunnymumof5 i will try it as soon as possible. I really want to prepare for me and my future child. You are such a big help. Thanks again

Yes - using a birthing ball is a great way to sit comfortably in pregnancy (it can help with back aches and leg cramps; both of which are common in pregnancy) and it can even help get the baby into an optimal birthing position. Many women also use them in labour (lots of hospitals now have them as standard in their labour rooms) to help with getting a good position as the cervix opens and to stay upright and active and so shorten the length of the labour.

Pelvic floor exercises and perineum massage are also important in pregnancy. They can help with labour and with you being more comfortable after the birth (due to better pelvic floor control and being less likely to tear).

In terms of general exercise, you should continue to exercise at a level you were comfortable with pre-pregnancy (avoiding contact sports or getting very out of breath and laying on your back). Swimming and yoga are both popular pregnancy exercises.

I hope all this information helps you.

Wishing you a happy, active pregnancy,
    LJ

This sure is a great pregnancy information for me. Thanks!

You are really welcome. Keep asking those great questions!