Relaxing Music during pregnancy

Any soothing music suggestion for a pregnancy first timer who is having hard time?

angelcj,

I love making a birthing music list and saving it on my ipod or making a cd to listen to while in labor, and even listen to it the last months of pregnancy.
    I love this artists: Deval Premal and Deva Premal and Mitten.
    Check them out....
    She has a album called Buddha Beats....great stuff..

I loved to see what other mums add to the list...

Blessings

Hi sunnymumof5

Thanks for the list of songs. I will start making my pregnancy playlist a early as now. This is a great help
    Will need to look for more songs for my playlist. I'm excited!

Hi angelcj,

This is a great question - thank you for posting it.

Have you thought at all about Hypnobirthing? I found the 'Rainbow Relaxation' hypnobirthing track and associated relaxing music (including Brahms lullaby) so helpful for relaxing during labour in my last birth.

Hypnobirthing is really about self-relaxation (I don't really like the term 'hypnobirthing' as it has some unhelpful connotations). It involves learning to trust your body and your baby and going 'within yourself', relaxing deeply and allowing the surges (hypnobirthing speak for contractions - a rather medicalised term) to open the cervix without tension or fear. If you have any questions about hypnobirthing we'd be happy to help!

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Hi ljmarsden

this is the first time I heard about Hypnobirthing. Thanks for this new knowledge. Is this a do it yourself thing or I need a therapist or someone to assist me? I really appreciate all your replies.

Hi angelcj,

You are very welcome.

You can teach yourself through books, dvds and cds but I personally feel that attending a hypnobirthing course led by a suitably qualified teacher is more beneficial. Learning from others' experiences and positive births is an important part of learning to trust your body completely. When I studied hypnobirthing (it has theoretical and practical elements) I actually was taught by my doula.

Again, I would also strongly recommend having a doula to support you in pregnancy, birth and post-natally. This is like having a professional birth support partner (as well as your partner) who will be your advocate in labour (if needed) and understand all your birth wishes in full prior to labour.

In terms of Hypnobirthing, many women find that hypnobirthing is the key to unlocking the knowledge and potential within themselves to fully relax and let-go during labour and so birth in a very natural and even easy way (yes it is certainly possible). You can read some hypnobirthing birth stories here.

Please do continue to ask any further questions about anything pregnancy, birth or baby related here.

With warm wishes,
    LJ