Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: A Pre Teen
7th August 2014 03:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2014
A Pre Teen
What are some good ways to promote responsibility in a pre-teen?
26th August 2014 05:00 AM #2
What an excellent question.
I would have to say that respecting your pre-teen and talking to them on your level would be key in helping them to grow into mature, responsible teenagers and adults. I recently read a quote which said that childhood is not preparation for life it is life now. This has inspired me to parent in a way that involves listening to and respecting my children and forming friendships with them which I pray will be lifelong.
In terms of some very practical ways to promote responsibility in a pre-teen:
- asking your pre-teen to help you with cleaning and managing the home
- involving them in decision making from what to have for dinner to what they would like from a family holiday
- investing in your relationship with them and spending one-to-one time together really talking
- involving them when you have other adult guests around to visit or for meals
- asking them to help plan and prepare meals (with extra help where needed)
With warm wishes,